Search the Pansersite

Friday, May 27, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday 5-27-11: "Eye of the Beholder"

(Source image: "Body Painting" by Saturno Butto)


Elizabeth looked at me calmly, expression unreadable. Victoria continued with her work. Sarah sent me a glance full of mute appeal, helpless naked emotion in her eyes. She was being held down firmly by Victoria, who was swirling intricate designs into her back.

“A very pretty tableau,” I said. I reached between Sarah's legs and my hand came away wet. “We've selected a good one here.”

Sarah closed her eyes and bowed her head, surrendering at last.



Your challenge for today was to use the picture above and write a flash fiction of 60-80 words. Additionally, I provided a key phrase I wanted to see used somewhere in the submission:

"...[[noun]] in her eyes..."

Nobody's checking word counts, or for the key phrase, but you're only cheating yourself if you break the rules. Unless you're doing it to earn a spanking (in which case, see me after class).

Special Bonus Director's Commentary Track:

I was nearly undone by this one. When I first selected it it positively sang to me but when it came time to write I was blocked in virtually every direction I tried. Finally, in desperation, I resorted to the same "betrayed by her body" theme I've used in many previous tales; that worked well enough for me to construct a believable scene, but it feels like recycling to me. I'm not very happy with this one, I'm afraid.

Please note that I am no longer collecting the participants list. If you are playing along this week, please leave your link below using the widget. It will appear in the text of the post itself, not in the comments, so everyone that's playing will be listed here. This frees me from having to chase people down to find out if they're playing or update the Friday post several times for late entries. Your cooperation is appreciated.

In any case, the participants list is below. Go check them out, and thanks to all who played along.



Check back here on Monday for the next challenge! And if you have any photos or artwork you'd like to see in a future challenge, please send them my way. 

-- PB

3 comments:

Naughty Lexi said...

Don't beat yourself up too much; I think it's fine. I particularly like the hand between the legs coming away wet; it's a good way of showing rather than telling. Although I'm unsure as to what she's surrendering to, I hope it's not something too unpleasant.

Anonymous said...

Be happy! Great job! I think you captured the scene very well.

The Panserbjørne said...

Lexi: Surrendering to the sensations, perhaps. Nothing too unpleasant; I have next to no interest in that sort of thing (but then, you knew that already).

Sweets: Thankee kindly! I'm glad you did care for it, even if I didn't. :)

-- PB