Search the Pansersite

Friday, April 8, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday 4-8-11: "Rebirth in Flame"

(Image title unknown, by François Miville-Deschênes; artwork provided by Wordwytch)

Here I stood, on the shores of the lava fields of Kilauea, masturbating violently. The urge was inexplicable, but it was too strong for me to ignore.

In almost no time I was fountaining urgently, my semen splashing into the fire and vaporizing. Yet even as it hit...

A deep rumble heralded Her arrival. The lava burst and boiled, spraying high as She emerged: a being of molten ire, glowing orange-red, perfectly formed, beautiful and terrible beyond belief.

She shook Herself, spraying lava droplets in all directions. “Who has awakened Me?” she boomed, Her voice the crackle of flame and hiss of steam escaping. “Who calls me?”

Her eyes fell on me, standing stunned on the shoreline with dick in hand. “Oho!” she roared. “Come, then. It's been centuries since I took a consort. We'll see if your seed is that potent every time.”

She gestured. Sheets of flame coalesced around me, but didn't burn. I felt them sinking in, right down to my bones. My vision went red and I felt a liquid shifting as I was forged anew.

I stepped out onto the lava sea and approached Her. Her eyes flared white-hot with anticipation as my glowing rod rose high. She embraced me, and we flowed together, and I knew there was no going back.



Your challenge for today was to use the picture above and write a flash fiction of 111-222 words. Additionally, I provided a key phrase I wanted to see used somewhere in the submission:

"...molten ire..."

Nobody's checking word counts, or for the key phrase, but you're only cheating yourself if you break the rules. Unless you're doing it to earn a spanking (in which case, see me after class).

Special Bonus Director's Commentary Track:

I had so much fun writing this, you can't even imagine. Several people mentioned a while back that they do like my fantastic and fantasy tales, so...well, who am I to deny that?

The artwork was one of those pieces which engendered such a range of ideas that it was simply a matter of choosing the one I was happiest with. First I considered the idea of a secret observer watching a flame spirit dance in her lava pool and capturing her for himself. Then I thought about making it a solitary thing, a fire goddess enjoying her bath, pleasuring herself as the flame burned. Then I wondered how it would be if a mortal summoned this goddess almost by accident, but she refrained from burning him to a crisp because she liked what she saw. I seized on that one and ran with it. The only problem I had was explaining why he suddenly had the urge to masturbate into a lava field. I dealt with that (and with the fact that he wouldn't be able to get closer than about six feet because the heat would be too intense) by the simple expedient of ignoring it completely. Hopefully the result was nevertheless enjoyable. 

Please note that I am no longer collecting the participants list. If you are playing along this week, please leave your link below using the widget. It will appear in the text of the post itself, not in the comments, so everyone that's playing will be listed here. This frees me from having to chase people down to find out if they're playing or update the Friday post several times for late entries. Your cooperation is appreciated.


In any case, the participants list is below. Go check them out, and thanks to all who played along.





Check back here on Monday for the next challenge! And if you have any photos or artwork you'd like to see in a future challenge, please send them my way. Thanks to Wordwytch for providing this week's artwork.



-- PB

8 comments:

Naughty Lexi said...

As one of the people who loves it when you go to fantasy-land, this was fantastic and fantastic. Fantastically fantastic, even. Volcano Goddess. Why didn't I think of that?

Unknown said...

Very nice, PB! Agree with Lexi on this one: when you allow yourself to drift into the realm of fantasy it's a gift for everyone.

Well done.

~Soren

France said...

A glowing rod?! Mmmmm. Love your imagination, but don't ever try that, ok? ;)

That was a great story. Happy FFF!

Lady Seduction said...

Love your take on the picture. This is only my first week joining, but I love the concept! Thank you for organizing this!

Word said...

I really enjoyed your take on the picture! Yours was a much more direct approach too. I do love your fantasy bits!

Anonymous said...

Ahh! So, that's how to the attention of a sleeping goddess, huh? Even by mistake. I'm impressed with the young man's potency. Great job. ;-)

The Panserbjørne said...

Lexi: Possibly because the idea was rather derivative? Really, I'm surprised you *didn't* come up with it. Still, I'm glad you liked this one.

Soren: Well, thanks, man. I appreciate that.

France: Nooooooo, it would be a bit of a stretch to try this in real life, wouldn't it? Glad you liked.

Lady S: You're welcome to the group! I'm glad you liked what you saw and I hope we'll see you again in future weeks.

Wordwytch: I am struggling manfully to keep from making a comment about my "fantasy bits". Seriously, though, thanks for the kind words. And the pic.

Sweets: I guess it depends on the goddess, doesn't it? Can't imagine this would work well for, say, Hera. :) Glad you liked!

-- PB

Naughty Lexi said...

Don't sell yourself short; if I had thought of it, yours would have been better anyway :)