Search the Pansersite

Friday, December 3, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday 12-3-10: "Summer Song"

(Source image: "Always Remember You First" by Mick Payton)

Summer heat, summer haze. The boards of the barn were scratchy and roughened against my back but she was smooth, so smooth, so soft. I couldn't believe my luck. She was lithe and lean, slippery with sweat, twisting like an eel in my grasp.

She arched her back as I pulled her blouse open, trembling hands betraying me. Traitors. She didn't seem to care. Her own hands were roaming, tangling in the loops of my belt, twisting and tugging my jeans down.

“I've wanted you for months,” she panted, tearing at my shirt, buttons flying. “I'm glad you finally decided to do something about it.”

“Shut up,” I growled, amazed at my own temerity, and my mouth found hers for a savage kiss.

Dust motes drifted in beams of sunlight as we sank to the ground, sank into each other. This summer heat was endless.



Your challenge for today was to use the picture above and write a flash fiction of 111-149 words. Additionally, I provided a key phrase I wanted to see used somewhere in the submission:

"...scratchy and roughened..."

Nobody's checking word counts, or for the key phrase, but you're only cheating yourself if you break the rules. Unless you're doing it to earn a spanking (in which case, see me after class).

Special Bonus Director's Commentary Track:

So many thoughts went through my head when I saw this photo, and the title of the photo just cemented my approach. I wondered how often that scene played out on farmlands across the world, two young people exploring each other for the first time. I remembered my own first time, how scared I was, how delighted, how lucky I felt to be with that girl, how incredible it felt to feel her skin against mine. I tried to put some of that longing and scaredness and oh-my-god-this-is-really-happening into this.

You really never do forget your first time. This one is more primal, more urgent, than my own was, but it's no less special for all that. How sweet it is to find someone, how unbearably good, so very good, to reach out and feel another's body against your own for the first time. So intense, almost sacred. Like a gift you'll always treasure.

The title comes from a Joe Satriani instrumental. When I looked at the picture, I could feel the sweat on their skin, could feel the intensity of the sun's rays. I tried to bring some of that heat into it as well.

The following people are participating this week. Go check out their take on this FFF, won't you, and thank 'em for playing along. We had quite a few newcomers; have you folks been spreading the FFF links around? If so, please keep doing so; the more the merrier. 

Drenchxoxo:  http://thedrenchedone.blogspot.com
Aeon's Angel:  http://afreedomtosubmit.blogspot.com   (new to the madness/returned after several months' hiatus; go say welcome!)
Rozewolf:  http://wordwytch.wordpress.com
Dixie Duke:  http://dixiedukes.blogspot.com  (another newcomer to FFF, and from the looks of it a newcomer to blogging as well; please welcome Dixie!)
David:  http://dsinvegas.blogspot.com
Oversexed Librarian:  http://oversexedlibrarian.blogspot.com
Max:  http://mystic-satyr.blogspot.com
Lexi:  http://lex-ploits.blogspot.com
Lola:  http://sexbabble.blogspot.com  (still another newcomer, please welcome Lola!)
Violet:  http://writteninpurpleink.blogspot.com  (and yet another newcomer; welcome, Violet!)
Advizor:  http://advizortoall.blogspot.com

Check back here on Monday for the next challenge! And if you have any photos or artwork you'd like to see in a future challenge, please send them my way. 

-- PB

11 comments:

Naughty Lexi said...

To coin a phrase, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." This just drips. If it were the weather, I'd feel differently, but in fiction, that's a very good thing. Hot and moist. What could be better? ;)

Drenchxoxo said...

Ah a summer day filled with lustful desires finally realized. I'd bet things got quite sticky against that old barn.

Loved this weeks picture. Thanks for continuing to host this each week.

Spring Flower said...

Oh I thought the caption was "always remember you first"!!! Am I glad I didn't participate, because I would have appeared like a selfish woman!! No, never mind... I am selfish. LOL

Summer songs, summer loves, anything summer related... they never last, but they are always special. :)

TemptingSweets99 said...

i like the title to this story. it fits perfectly with the story. i enjoyed the story.

~Sweets

David said...

Endless summer heat, got to love it. And a summer song.

Evangeline said...

hot summer story for a cold winter day ;) thanks

The Panserbjørne said...

Lexi: Nothing at all, in this particular case! Glad you liked it.

Drench: This one does seem to have struck a chord with a lot of people. Great response, especially from newbies. Very cool.

Spring Flower: It is "remember you first" but I think the place I downloaded the pic from had it miscaptioned. I chose to interpret it as "your" instead. :)

Sweets: Excellent, glad to hear you enjoyed what you read.

David: In real life I tend to get annoyed by summer heat but it definitely has its place. Thanks!

Evangeline: You're quite welcome! Stop by any time. Nice to have new visitors.

-- PB

Cheeky Minx said...

The perfect, sexy complement to my current Sydney steam. Oh so delicious, PB...

Lusting Lola said...

I love their urgency!

Thanks for hosting this each week, and thanks for stopping by mine.

rozewolf said...

Ah the angst of young lust. You did an awesome job of capturing that Panser!

The Panserbjørne said...

Minx: Always happy to provide a complement (or a compliment) for you. :)

Lola: No problem! Welcome to the madness.

Rozewolf: Maybe a bit of angst, but hopefully lots of pleasure too! Thanks for dropping by.

-- PB