Search the Pansersite

Friday, September 24, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday 9-24-10: "Office Politics"

(Source image: "Monika" from MPL Studios)

“Is there...anything...else I can help you with, sir?” Monika purred.

He looked at her, expressionlessly, picturing her in his mind's eye. Saw, as clearly as day, her perky breasts, rose-red nipples, ribcage standing out in sharp relief, smooth curve of hips, flat belly, sooty smudge of dark-blonde pubic hair already glistening with her excitement. The picture-girl bent over the desk and waggled her ass at him; defiantly, she awaited his command.

Suddenly he was tired of it, all of it. He laughed, but it came out strained, forced, rough with suppressed rage. “Monika, my dear,” he said tersely, “you're very direct, but you just don't have what it takes.”

She looked puzzled. Had she ever been rejected before? Probably not. “I don't understand.”

“You don't have a cock,” he heard himself say. And knew their comfortable dynamic was gone for good.

Her eyes went round. “I...but you're....you....ohmygod.” She swayed on her feet. “I...I'm sorry, I didn't....”

“Just get out,” he said wearily, and she fled. He swung around and stared, unseeing, out the office window.


Your challenge for today was to use the picture above and write a flash fiction of 128-188 words. Additionally, I provided a key phrase I wanted to see used somewhere in the submission:

"...defiantly, she awaited [his/her] command..."

Nobody's checking word counts, or for the key phrase, but you're only cheating yourself if you break the rules. Unless you're doing it to earn a spanking (in which case, see me after class).

The following people are participating this week. Go check out their take on this FFF, won't you, and thank 'em for playing along.

Drenchxoxo:  http://thedrenchedone.blogspot.com 
Rozewolf:  http://wordwytch.wordpress.com 
Lexi:  http://lex-ploits.blogspot.com 
Spring Flower:  http://agirlsgottahaveoptions.blogspot.com 
B. Tickler:  http://bumtickler.wordpress.com   (a newcomer this week; go say hello and welcome) 
Advizor:  http://advizortoall.blogspot.com 
Liley:  http://kristonia0everbell.wordpress.com 
Big Geek:  http://getting-a-grip.blogspot.com 
Puss:  http://chocolatepuss.tumblr.com
Laura:  http://romanceandbondage.blogspot.com/2010/09/dirty-old-wizard.html   (a late addition to the list)

Check back here on Monday for the next challenge! And if you have any photos or artwork you'd like to see in a future challenge, please send them my way. 

-- PB

11 comments:

marianne said...

Cute. ;)

The Panserbjørne said...

Marianne: Why, thank you. Glad you found it so!

-- PB

nilla said...

jeebeeeze!!

i thought it was poignant...and ever so well done. The intensity was...yeah.

Just on the verge of being...bitter, but ...not.

Absolutely wonderfully done!
(sorry i've not been playing lately...i've been busy as all get out!)

next week...promise!

nilla/snow

Naughty Lexi said...

Wow. Powerful indeed. "Just get out," he said, wearily, and she fled. That line, right there, is one of those one-sentence novels. And the way he sees her, sexualized and yet disinterested... I kind of wish you'd favor us with some post-game stuff yourself, PB, like a writers' workshop or something. I think it would be fascinating.

The Panserbjørne said...

Nilla: I'm so glad you got the vibe I was going for. I was amused at first and then it kept getting darker. I think there is some bitterness there, yes, and self-loathing, and recrimination, and other unidentifiables. Weird situation in general.

Lexi: I've been toying with the idea of doing that for a while, actually. I think I may start that next week on my own entries. Maybe I should make that yet another requirement -- in order to participate, you have to also talk about your inspiration and your ideas behind the piece. I'd love to see other people start doing it too. Glad you liked this one.

-- PB

Mystique said...

Why PB, here I thought you were a gentle, kind bear. That was almost too cruel, poor Monika *snickers*

If I had a grin on my face near the end, I must be depraved as well.
Lovely twist, that was fun. ^^

Chocolate Puss said...

What a turn of events. Poor Monika. Actually, I feel for both of them. I like the description: "...ribcage standing out in sharp relief..." Perfect description of that ribcage.

Thanks so much for adding me to the list so late. Thank you!

~CP

Cheeky Minx said...

There are few who can weave this kind of sexual complexity with such glorious economy. Simply supreme, PB... x

Spring Flower said...

You don't have a cock. LOL. Poor girl!!

I am with Lexi!! If possible, I'd like private workshops - I'm a very good student. ;)

Advizor54 said...

I like it. The sudden realization that everything you taught yourself to want, to need, is no longer important, no longer even right for you.

I think it's a profound moment, well captured.

But please don't make us explain our works, I barely can explain them to myself.

The Panserbjørne said...

Mystique: I aim to be a surprise sometimes. If this was one of those times, good. :) Besides, *I* may be gentle and kind, but maybe he wasn't. Isn't. Whatever. :)

Puss: Welcome! Your stuff is always well worth reading so I do like to include you, even IF late. But your time will come....mark my words. ;)

Minx: Well, thank you so much. I don't know, though, we've got several very talented folk participating in FFF. And just by the way, how come you don't ever join in yourself? We'd love to have you (in all the ways that matter).

Spring Flower: I have no doubt in my mind at all about that! I think that private sessions can be arranged without too much trouble. Then we'll see just how good (or bad) a student you can be. ;)

Advizor: Glad you liked this one and thanks for saying so. But if I do start asking for inspirations on the works, nothing says you have to participate in that if you don't feel like it. This is supposed to be fun, after all.

-- PB