Search the Pansersite

Friday, September 10, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday 9-10-10: "Exaltation"

 (Source image: "Into Tub" by Kathy Slamen)

She drifted in hazy fog, caressed by gentle light, uplifted and borne by swells of warmth. Her hand worked steadily between her legs. The candles' glow was like soft benediction on her face.

Slowly it rose, the tide of pleasure within. Wavelets of ecstasy gathered at the edges of her consciousness and began sweeping inward, a tsunami impendent. She moaned as it poised high, ready to break...

...and the fucking phone rang.

Cursing, she rose unsteadily and stepped backwards out of the tub. Someone was going to pay.


Your challenge for today was to use the picture above and write a flash fiction of 60-88 words. Several people castigated me this week for the draconian word count. Muhahahahaha. Additionally, I provided a key phrase I wanted to see you use somewhere in the submission:

"...the candles' glow was like..."

Nobody's checking word counts, or for the key phrase, but you're only cheating yourself if you break the rules. Unless you're doing it to earn a spanking (in which case, see me after class).

The following people are participating this week. Go check out their take on this FFF, won't you, and thank 'em for playing along.

Soren:  http://amorousdays.blogspot.com
Sephani Paige:  http://sephanipaige.wordpress.com
Rozewolf:  http://wordwytch.wordpress.com
Nilla:  http://vanillamom.wordpress.com
Laura:  http://romanceandbondage.blogspot.com
Lexi:  http://lex-ploits.blogspot.com
Dioneo:  http://eccespanko.blogspot.com
Max:  http://mystic-satyr.blogspot.com
R.:  http://somesillythings.blogspot.com
Big Geek:  http://getting-a-grip.blogspot.com 
And several last-minute entries:
Puss:  http://chocolatepuss.tumblr.com
Advizor:  http://advizortoall.blogspot.com
Katia:  http://katiaswritings.blogspot.com
Elisabeth:  http://writingsondomesticbliss.wordpress.com




Check back here on Monday for the next challenge! And if you have any photos or artwork you'd like to see in a future challenge, please send them my way. 

-- PB

19 comments:

Mystique said...

Hee hee, that got a good giggle from me. ^^

The Panserbjørne said...

Mystique: Haven't seen you in a while! Where you been keeping yourself?

Glad you enjoyed it. I do like to go with the irreverent take once in a while.

-- PB

Advizor said...

Noooooo!!!! That is what voice mail is for!

Soren said...

Lexi and you were the ones who made me laugh this week, but your take is so true! I swear I almost broke my cell phone once because people kept calling at inopportune times.

Happy FFF!

~Soren

The Panserbjørne said...

Advizor: Oh, I'm in full agreement, man. You won't catch me picking up the phone, that's for damned sure.

Soren: I've been lucky enough to have the phone ring during sex only a few times. Most of the time I ignore it (like Advizor said, that's what voicemail is for) but once, the girl I was with told me to answer it, she wanted to keep fucking me while I talked. THAT was an interesting phone call.

-- PB

R said...

With wavelets of ecstasy gathering at the edges of her consciousness, she stops to answer the phone!
I would stop only if the house was on fire...; )
You made me laugh too!

The Panserbjørne said...

R.: Maybe she was jarred completely out of her daze by the phone. I only wrote the story, I don't know. :)

-- PB

Spring Flower said...

I'm with Advizor... let it go to voice mail! Although I like the possibility of making the caller pay and play with him/her a little bit ;)

Mystique said...

I've been keeping myself in lurksville while offline work sunk its claws into you to the point that you could only manage weekly FFF posts.
You kinda lured me back out with the 'something in the air' post, what can I say: I'm a sucker for your words :p
I've dropped a note in the formspring box for you to continue chatting if you want :)

Dioneo said...

Devilish at the end, for sure! The first part was also beautiful. I really like the way you mix sight and feel, especially in your first two sentences.

rozewolf said...

Loved the grumbles at the end. There are days I detest phones. :)

I did get mine in a little late, but it is there. I tried to use the set the date feature, but it failed. Oh well.

The Panserbjørne said...

Spring Flower: I agree with both of you...apparently she did not, though, for reasons unknown to me. :)

Mystique: Formspring's not really set up for a back-and-forth, only quick answers to questions. I won't push it, but do drop me an email sometime if you decide you do want to chat. ;)

Dioneo: I do try to mix in lots of different sensations in my writings when possible. Glad you liked!

Rozewolf: I didn't see it when I made my rounds but will go back and take a look now to leave you a comment or two. Thanks for playing!

-- PB

Mystique said...

Just read my message on there carefully and you'll see. ;)
And this week's water image for FFF truly is beautiful, I look forward to it. ^^

The Panserbjørne said...

Mystique: Sorry, but if there's a hidden code or message there, I can't figure it out. Anyhow, you know how to reach me via email if you want a real back-and-forth. Your choice. :)

-- PB

Naughty Lexi said...

Teehee. For the ladies, there's nothing worse. For some guys though (not naming any names and present company excluded) there's nothing better than the excuse to take a break and wind down a bit so they don't explode prematurely. Not that I enjoy the phone ringing mid-coitus, mind, but sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise. Just sometimes though. I'm with the majority who wouldn't answer the damn phone, but then maybe there's some reason she's on-call. I've had it happen. I even came once while on the phone with someone in a context not suited for sex. They didn't notice; I did a good job hiding it, but it was still embarrassing. Best job interview ever ;)

The Panserbjørne said...

Lexi: Once, I was entangled with a lover when my phone rang and she told me to go ahead and answer it. Said she wanted to keep fucking me while I talked. As I recall, she got VERY active indeed once I picked up the receiver; she kept her mouth shut, but there was a LOT of flesh pounding going on. It was a hell of an interesting phone call. :)

-- PB

Cheeky Minx said...

Much like the others before me, I agree there are times when a ringing phone should be ignored...

You never fail to surprise, PB. I do love the way you lull us into a false sense of completion with that fabulous one-liner. xx

Mystique said...

><;;
It wasn't meant to be then if something went funky with the message (It was an intro of sorts, email address included).
If I summon enough dutch courage once more, I'll try to directly email you.
Until then, I'm gonna slick back to my corner and stop spamming your comment box. ^^;
But thanks for replying back this much, appreciate it.

The Panserbjørne said...

Minx: I do hate being predictable, so knowing that I am still able to surprise is a good thing. Thanks for saying so. :)

-- PB